A few weeks ago I downloaded the habits app on my phone to track my progress on things I wanted to accomplish daily. Everything from meditating to making sure I give Xavi his vitamin D drops. As a new mom, days inevitably blur into nights and it’s easy to lose track of your goals. As is evident from this screenshot, I’m not magically accomplishing it all now that I have this app… but it’s a daily reminder to continue to strive.
My hope is that the next time I share this screenshot – it’ll be all blue checkmarks.
1. Meditate – some days I use the headspace app and other days I observe the breath. As long as I get some practice in everyday, I’m happy.
2. Write 750 words – ideally I like to do this right after I meditate (read the artist’s way or google morning pages for more info!) But sometimes Xavi wakes up from his nap as I’m finishing my meditation practice so the writing gets delayed to later in the day. As long as I’ve gotten something on my screen, I’m happy.
3. Prenatal vitamins – because I’m breastfeeding and it’s so easy to forget
4. Vitamin D drops for Xavi – because he is exclusively breastfed and there is no vitamin D in breastmilk, unlike formula.
5. 100 squats – easier to do than yoga as there is little setup. I usually try to do 20 at a time through out the day.
6. Yoga – for those especially ambitious days 😂
Are you guys working on developing good habits? I’d love to know what they are, let me know in the comments below!
P.S. here is the name of the app I use – I have an android so it may look a bit different on Apple.
2 thoughts on “Tracking Habits”
1. Eating healthy
2. Strictly sticking to our bedtime
I’ve never stuck to a bedtime so I’m curious to know what your target bedtime/waketimw is